Skip to content
Buddhist centers in Minnesota
- Clouds in Water Zen Center: www.cloudsinwater.org: A Zen center in downtown St. Paul, Minnesota, where Judith is a Senior Dharma Teacher.
- Compassionate Ocean Dharma Center: www.oceandharma.org: A Zen Center in Northeast Minneapolis that offers Buddhist meditation, mindfulness classes, and classes on Jon Kabat-Zinn’s mindfulness-based stress reduction program. The teachers are Joen Snyder-O’Neal, a dharma heir of Katagiri Roshi, and Michael O’Neal.
- Minnesota Zen Meditation Center: www.mnzencenter.org: A Zen Center in Minneapolis, on Lake Calhoun. The center was founded by Katagiri Roshi in 1972.
- Common Ground Meditation Center: commongroundmeditation.org: A Buddhist center in Minneapolis, in the Seward neighborhood.
Independent women Buddhist teachers in Minnesota
- Marilyn Myo-O Habermas-Scher: www.marilynmyo-o.com: Myo-O offers voice coaching and healing, performance preparation, spiritual mentoring, and Buddhist teaching.
Buddhism and 12-Step Recovery
- Kevin Griffin: www.kevingriffin.net. Kevin Griffin is the author of One Breath at a Time: Buddhism and the Twelve Steps, and he has co-led workshops with Judith. His website includes information and links related to addiction, Buddhism, and 12-step recovery.
- Thérèse Jacobs-Stewart: tjacobsstewart.com/mindfulness-and-12-step. Thérèse is a therapist and teacher in Minnesota who is the author of Mindfulness and the 12-Steps: Living Recovery in the Present Moment. She has co-led workshops with Judith.
- The Buddhist Recovery Network: www.buddhistrecovery.org: This website has a directory of 12-step and Buddhism meetings as well as lists of links, books, and reviews about Buddhism and 12-step recovery.
- Refuge Recovery: www.refugerecovery.org: Noah Levine, a Buddhist teacher, has developed a Buddhist-based program for recovery that is an alternative to the 12 steps.
- Take 12 Recovery Radio: www.take12radio.com: An internet radio show featuring talk about 12-step recovery and and positive music.